Thursday 3 January 2013

Today's Eats

Although I'm not 'officially' back at work yet, I have a fair bit of planning/preparation to do before I return. Sometimes I long for a simple 9-5 clock in, clock out job, but I guess a lot of jobs involve prep. outside of working hours. All of the jobs I want to do do anyway.

So yes, I have spent a large part of my day here, at the 'dining table'

Those are the bf's hands in the background. I persuaded him to work from home so for a bit of company. And I'm happy to say I can sometimes use colouring pencils in my work *true*.

Here's today's eats:

Breakfast: cinnamon pancakes

 Using my new spatula. HOW do people create perfect pancake shapes (ie circles) HOW?! 

Although they're not exactly pretty, they turned out ok in the end. They were pretty yummy and dead simple to make. All you need is 1 banana and 2 eggs, and a bit of cinnamon. Mash the banana, add the eggs and cinnamon and whisk until there are no lumpy bits. Pour into a non-stick pan for a few minutes, flip (which I finally managed to do without creating a massive mess/scrambled eggs-hurrah!) and they're done. 

Lunch: Leftover Moroccan chickpea stew from yesterday: 


I stored it in my cute little London lunchbox. (Can you spot the mulled wine in the background? We have so much to finish from Christmas...I sense more on the menu tonight). 


I also had a jazz apple.

Pre-run I had a green smoothie, made with 1 banana, a handful of spinach, a dollop of yoghurt and a tablespoon of spru-tein banana powder (bananary, just how I like it) and almond milk all blended up in the blender.


I've now just finished a run on the treadmill. I didn't want to push myself tooo far, as I've been sporting a (minor) calf injury, but I seemed to be ok. I ran 6.1 miles in an hour, which isn't wonderful, but it felt wonderful. An easy, longish run was just what I needed.

I am now looking like a cherry tomato, even though I showered. It takes ages for my face to return to its normal colour after running!

On the agenda for tonight: cooking (probably chicken and roasted veggies), catching up with blogs and drinking mulled wine :)

1 comment:

  1. I think your pancakes look tasty regardless of their shape! My grandmother used to make the most misshapen pancakes you can imagine and they were always delicious! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete